Thursday 13 December 2007

Photo Walking

Today in our Web Blogs class we tried out Photo walking. This basically involved walking places and taking interesting photos int he space of half an hour before we returned to class and this is what we found...










This is the first thing that certainly caught my attention. Signs like these are usually focused on the driver of the car saying things like "You should not speed" but when I look at this I can't help but think that the kid should of used a zebra crossing.













A group of smoking sheep. This picture I really like because of the originality. The point of the picture is good as well but I love the originality of smoking sheep.











Now this picture was also my idea. Why?! To be honest I took it because it's one of the ugliest corridors I have ever seen in my life. The use of colour is disgusting and the wallpaper is worse. It's probably made to be like that but for me, it's horrible. What amazes me is the contrast it has with the other half of the corridor...










If you look closely to this picture the other half of this corridor is grey and white. Now, I don't know about you but WHAT WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING?!?!?!?!

It's like The Wizard of Oz where Dorothy walks out her Black and White house into a beautifully over the top techno colour world. I'd really like to know why they done this.













Now we travelled down "the Land of Oz" to find this elevator. Why I did I take the picture of the buttons?! Well I don't know really. The lights are pretty and it's shiny.










On the 6Th floor we found this... it was funny and colourful so I thought it was worth taking a photo of.
So now we decide to take a travel up to to the 7Th floor and see what kind of weird discoveries we can make.











Unfortunately all the buttons were pushed by someone so it took us an unfortunate amount of time to get there.









We have arrived. We are now back to the white and grey look of the corridors... there's no place like home. The group started looking for some groovy snap shots and we found...










THE STAIRS!!!!

This photo is quite good because you don't notice how high up this college goes until you see something like this. It's a long way down when you think there's 5 or more floors below these 2 sets of stairs.

So we travelled down to the ground floor and found...











This corridor is rather nice and cosy don't you think?! Nicer then Kansas upstairs

This is where we took pictures like this:




















and...













Now I took a picture of this plant because it's famous. In case you didn't know this plant had a previous acting career. It made his claim to fame appearance in Leonor Nemoy's music video "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins". Mr Plant is feature in a seen where they recreate a battle Bilbo once took battle in. Unfortunately due to a reoccurring leaf rash the plant had to retire and settle for a career in college.

Unfortunatly I have run out of time to type... I will update my blog later :)

Steve

No comments: