Thursday 13 September 2007

The Bob Marley Clip

The first thing I can say about this first clip is the band are extremely tight. They rip up the stage with a really addictive reggae groove. The drummer doesn't miss a beat with the bassist not far behind him. The rest of the musicians are also tight and you really can't fault.

Mr Marley the frontman well, this man has a strong voice. He really lets go during this clip with some fantastic audience participation. Lyrically the song he's singing is dam clever and sounds well thought out. I can't fault this performance what so ever.

No Woman No Cry - I love this song!!! Again the band are extremely tight with like most Raggae groups the bass and drums really hold a fantastic groove. There's also some lovely organ in the backdrop. Again Mr Marley holds his own, fantastic frontman and a smashing voice.

I've never been a fan of this man or his music but I love him for what he does in music.

1 comment:

Duncan said...

This is the most detailed review of the tracks that I have read...skimmed through the rest of the class (and this is the second class I've been through) ... and yes definately the most detailed review.

Just reading the post, and before seeing the information further down the page, it was obvious that you were a musician.

Best post I've read out of the two classes. Well done, and I look forward to reading more of your work in future.