Thursday 13 September 2007

My favourite album.


hey everyone!!!

For my next blog I was told (by my tutor ofcourse) that I had to write a blog about my favourite album and tell you all about it. My album of choice has to be (without a doubt) Def leppard's Hysteria.

Why do I chose this album?

It's simple really, this album was the reason why I started playing drums. This album was the return of their drummer after a serious car accident which cost him his left arm. This to me was a big influence on my playing and style as a Hard Rock Drummer.

Many rock musicians, metalheads especially dismiss this album because it's too "pop" but musically this is the reason why I love it. Their are so many catchy vocal harmonies, melodies etc which remind me of great pop acts like The Osmonds and Abba which I freely admit to loving. The fact these musical features are mixed in with heavy drumming and over the top guitar licks of their past heavy metal efforts makes the album even more desirable.

The album also features one my favourite music producers, Mutt "Mr Shaina Twain" Lange. He worked on another favourite of mine, AC/DC's Back in Black album. He is well known for producing a rich, clear, tight sound on this album aswell as helping the "Lep" gain success with their previous 2 records Pyromania and High 'n' Dry.

That to me is enough reasons for me to love this album. If you lot disagree then tough! ;)

Steve

No comments: